1. Small businesses give back (more) to your community. When you support a local business, you’re also supporting your town, city, and neighborhood. Businesses pay sales taxes to the city and county the business is located in. Stray to a big box business elsewhere, and that money isn’t benefiting your community at all. Plus, that tax money is used to support public schools, parks, roads, and sidewalks and fund public service workers.
2. Small businesses make a major economic impact. Local businesses provide jobs for people in our community. The more you support local, the more job opportunities it creates.
3. Small businesses provide better customer service. Small business owners strive to survive, and one of the biggest advantages they have over large retailers is the ability to provide more personable, hands-on, and memorable customer service.
4. Small businesses provide greater access to product diversity. Small businesses have just as much access to vendors (who also determine price, not stores) that big box businesses do. If a small business doesn’t have the products you want or need, ask them – they’re also usually much more receptive and willing to order them for you.
5. Small businesses create a sense of community. You’re much more likely to get to know a small business owner in your neighborhood. And, who doesn't like to get to know the person they're spending their hard-earned money with?
6. You're going to feel good. Would you rather feel the pang of guilt buying a so-so burger from a chain or be entirely satisfied with your meal made with love from a local eatery?
Please share the small businesses highlighted here! Help to raise awareness and show your support!
We are interested in you! If you would like to be a part of our Love Local Movement, we'd love to hear from you! Just drop us a line, and we will get back to you to discuss the next step! Oh, and there's never a charge to get showcased on our page - we know that supporting our community makes us feel good, and we hope it will make others feel good as well!
Chris Blair Fitness is on a mission to make a positive impact on the Greater Grand Rapids Area through health and fitness! Chris Blair is a personal trainer/coach and has helped hundreds of people make a positive change to their lives! He offers fitness classes several times a week in Lowell and offers 1 on 1 personal training and private small group training for up to 3 people. Let Chris come to you! In-house training is also an option for private training. Nutrition coaching is available to private clients at no additional charge.
With experience training athletes to seniors and everything in between, Chris has a holistic approach to physical fitness and will meet you where you are at in your fitness journey and create a program to get you to your goals. Interested in taking the first step towards a positive change?! Reach out today for more information and a free consultation!
Kate Snyder LMT, CLT
Licensed Massage Therapist - Certified Lymphatic Therapist
There are many different reasons people will go for a massage. Relaxation, relief from muscle pain and tension, and headaches/migraines are just a few. I specialize in massage therapy for pain relief. I enjoy the task of trying to identify and isolate the problem area causing someone pain or discomfort, with hopes of helping to make them feel better. I make sure to communicate with my clients before their massage session starts to fully understand what it is they need me to focus on and what outcome they would like to achieve, which often changes from one massage to the next. One time it might be a headache or low back pain, another you might just want to relax. I will customize your massage to how you feel that day.
I received my training in Medical Massage in 2006 at Blue Heron Academy of Healing Arts and Sciences. I have since been trained in Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage,Thai Yoga Massage, and Ashiatsu Massage. I also incorporate Deep Tissue and Swedish Massage techniques in when needed or requested. I am constantly reading about and learning new techniques and information to further help my clients.
My goal is to have you feeling your best!
Location: 8899 Peck Rd, Suite 5, Greenville, MI 48838